- To change your website’s theme to a new one, deactivate the following plugins:-
- K Elements
- WPBakery Page Builder
Note: You can only reactivate the WPBakery Page Builder plugin only if you know how to use it. For the K Elements plugin, as long as you are not using the Kleo theme, just keep it deactivated or delete it.
- After the above plugins are deactivated, just go ahead and add a new theme to your website and start customizing it.
Note: You will be forced to delete the current home page and create your own new home page. The current home page was build using the WPBakery Page Builder plugin and since you deactivated the plugin, it’s also better to delete the page too and create a new one.
- After creating a new home page, navigate and click on Settings tab as shown below.
- Then click on Reading tab as shown below.
- Go to Homepage select text field and select your newly created home page and then save changes.